Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Amazing Grace

This poem is completely irrelevant to my topic, but I thought I'd share it.  It is about my faith as a Christian, and my relationship with God.



Even as I laid
hurting in the dust
He came to help me quickly
so my heart wouldn't rust

He held me so closely
until I could bear no more
and even when I deserted Him
He only longed for me more

Through all that pain and trouble
He loved me as I was
Scarred and gruesomely hurting
He bought me at a cost

No matter what I said or did
His love would never change
He gave me all he had
and still I brought Him pain

Now I call Him "Father"
the one who died to set me free
I am forgiven
because of that day on Calvary

"I'm sorry for the way I've been
and I promise I will try to change
for you are my one and only
after you, I was never the same"

No comments:

Post a Comment